Monday, November 21, 2005

Doctor's Appointment

I went and did all of my grocery shopping this morning. I got the turkey and everything my sister emailed to get. I spent way to much money. Hubby and I went to see the cardiologist this afternoon. Boy, what a frustrating appointment. I had the stress test and the radiologist and cardiologist both don't agree. The cardiologist does not see anything but the radiologist says he sees something. My husband was so confused and so was I. In the end I agreed to have a angiography tomorrow at 1 pm and then if there is a blockage I will have the angioplasty. If I have the anioplasty I can't have my hernia or hysterectomy surgeries for a few months. I explained to the doctor that my insurance runs out at the end of December and the new insurance won't kick in until the end of March. I am just tired of being in pain. I can deal with not having the hysterectomy but it is the hernia that is giving me the pain.

Well it has been a long day and I think I will go and read my pray card that my mother used to carry with her always. I think I will put the pray in my journal so I will always remember to read it.

                                                     Just for Today  

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle all my problems at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and  concentration.  

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do - just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt, they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly; keep my voice low; be courteous, criticize not one bit. I won't find fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.                                                 

                                                Prayer For Today  

     Lord make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury; pardon; where there is doubt; faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness; light, and where there is sadness, joy.  O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.    

No comments: