Friday, March 31, 2006

This whole spring break just flew by. Only 2 more days left. My daughter and I are going to hang out all day tomorrow, unless she gets bored with me. lol I think we might make a cake, give each other a pedicure and play a bunch of board games. We are also going to put up the Easter decorations.

My husband and I went to do our running around late today. Our power went out today about 11 am and we left for the store at about 12. I think the power went out because there were 30 mph winds and that is what happened last time the power went out.  My daughter said the power didn't come back on until 2 pm. We got home about 3 pm.

I made a chicken stir fry with asparagus, carrots, corn and broccoli. It was ok. I was the only one who ate it. My husband just wanted a sandwich and my daughter and her friend wanted mac and cheese and popcorn chicken. Sometimes I feel like a chef.

I want to give a shout out to my sister in law Sandy. Today is her birthday.  I hope your day was special.  My brother birthday is tomorrow. He turns 65.  April is a very busy month. We have Easter, niece's birthday party and niece in law is having a baby shower. I always know as soon as it starts getting warmer all the parties start happening.

I am going to try to get to bed early tonight. I told my daughter that we have to get back on track because school is in 3 days.

I forgot to tell everyone that my cucumbers are already sprouting

in the containers. I hope they hold off until we can plant them in a month or so. 

Well, I am off to count sheep.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my journal!  Have a great day with your daughter tomorrow,  sounds like you have a fun day planned.  Keeping my fingers crossed for your cukes.  I planted some green peppers and tomatos indoors,  but nothing yet.  I've put your journal on my alerts,  I'd like to visit again.  

Anonymous said...

I can't believe spring break is almost over either! Enjoy what's left of it ~ have a great weekend! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your sister!

I never have had much luck growing cucumber; glad that they are sprouting :)


betty

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend:) we have 4 more days of spring break left we go back on the 5th

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun making your cake, giving the pedicures and spending the day together......it sounds like so much fun! I think the stir fry sounds pretty good....I just LOVE asparagus :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~