Saturday, March 18, 2006

Family

I have had one of the best times of my life today. I haven't seen my brother in 9 years. He has not changed a bit. My brother is on the left, nephew on the right and great nephew in the middle. My brother is nice and tan because he lives in Florida and takes people out on boats when they want to go fishing. My brother retired in Florida when he was 48. He was so smart when he was working because he put all of his money from the time he was 18 into the bank. I wish I would have followed his example. My mother used to always tell me to pay yourself first but did I listen no! I am so happy my brother stayed for about 5 1/2 hours. My husband came home from his side job and got to spend time with us also. I was very close to this brother because he used to lived in the apartment behind us. Even though there is a 17 year age difference we were still close. I used to babysit for his kids, my nieces and nephews. I have 18 nieces and nephews and 16 great nieces and nephews. I am going to be a great, great aunt within a few months. This is all on my side of the family.  On my husband side we have 3 new babies that are going to be born this year. I am going to be a great aunt 3 more times. I better start saving for Christmas now. lol

My great nephew was having such a good time outside.

 I was playing with him and we looked up at the squirrels and there were 2 baby squirrels sticking there heads out. My brother said he never saw baby squirrels before. It was a sweet site.

My great nephew also got on our trampoline. He was having such a good time. I brought over the neighbors dog and they were both jumping on it. He was really getting the hang of it. Bouncing on his butt and then up on his feet. So cute.

My daughter just came to get her toothbrush and pj's. She is sleeping over at our neighbors house. I tell you as she gets older I seem to see her less and less. She came home from sleeping over her girlfriends house at noon and hung out with the family and then she was off to play with our neighbors daughter. I had 2 bags of clothes that Sara grew out of to give to her. I gave her Mom a big bag of crayons, coloring books and reading books for the health department she works at. She is a nurse and they are always looking for things for the kids. I was happy to get rid of it. I have already started doing spring cleaning with getting rid of all the clutter in my walk in closet.

I am off to read some journals.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today was family reunion day! I thought I had a big family but you've got me beat... glad you got to spend time with your family. It's so important!

*Hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

Hey Bea, sorry I have not been around in a while.  Working two jobs. I saw where you posted in Amy's journal about wanting a pet for your new place and could not decide on whether to get a dog or cat.  Why not both?  We have three cats and a dog.  My Mom has three dogs and a cat, lol.  Loved hearing about your family.  I am a great aunt many times over, but we have had three new additions in the past 12 months and one more on the way in May.  

Blessings to you and yours!~
Susan

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time with your brother:) enjoy your sunday

Deb

Anonymous said...

wow, a great great aunt! That's wonderful! It is so true; the older your kids get, the less you see them so enjoy your daughter as you can

betty