Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Finally, Hot Water

Well, it has been 7 days since we had hot water. Hubby had to go out and buy a new one and install it himself. It took him most of the day because he has never done it before. He did a great job. I am so proud of him. He is becoming a Mr. Fix It since we bought this house.

I just took my first hot shower in 7 days. I was taking cold showers. That is not fun, especially in the winter. Burrrrrrrrr My husband was boiling water and putting it into the tub for my daughter and himself. I lived in a apartment with my parents that only had a bathtub. I refuse to take a bath. I love showers now. I have a jacuzzi but have only used it about 5 times since we moved in. My daughter uses it more than anyone. I don't even think my husband has been in it yet. My daughter is going to take one now while I am typing about it.

I asked my hubby if he wanted me to make him some dinner right now because he hasn't ate all day and he said no that he was going to put some fish sticks in the deep fryer. Earlier I reheated the turkey breast and made some broccoli cheddar rice so that when my daughter came home from school she could eat. She said she wasn't hungry and that she wanted to go play with her friend and have dinner at her house. I said Ok. I also had 3 chicken breasts in my crockpot so I can have chicken breast salads the rest of the week. For dinner for myself I made blackened salmon on a bed of brown rice and spinach. It was so good.

I am off to watch tennis. I am addicted to it. Have a great evening. Sweet dreams. I also need to learn how to put the graphics in through out my journal. I love how it turns out in other peoples journals. Very creative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum dinner sounded good!!!

Deb