Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Keeping Busy

How is everyone this beautiful morning? I have been really keeping myself busy lately. Eating healthy takes so much of your time. I never cut up so many fruits and vegetables in my life. lol

                      

I think this morning I am going to make a nice fruit salad or some Kashi cereal. It is hard for me to eat breakfast. I have to force myself. I used to grab a cup of coffee and a Twinkie. I always had to have some kind of bad sweet with my coffee. I haven't even had a piece of cake that I made the other day. I have to admit I did lick the batter. Ok, only twice.

Yesterday in my deep freezer I found some habanero peppers from my garden last year. I put some in my salsa and in my crock pot where I had some chicken breasts with homemade tomato sauce. I have about 2 more bags of it left in my freezer and I am trying to use it up. I think I put in way too many peppers  because boy was it hot.  I forgot how hot they are.

I think I drank about 100 ozs. of water yesterday. I decided to start using this Big Gulp cup someone gave me and it holds 52 ozs. I sliced some lemon wedges in it. I walked around with it all day.  I know now that if I eat hot stuff that I could get in my daily water. Water is my drink of choice. I guess I got that from my mother. She was always drinking water.

I hope you have a beautiful day. I am off to strip some beds and do some dusting and vacuuming. I can feel myself starting to get lazy because the weather here is very dreary and it is suppose to rain for about 4 days and the temperature is going to drop.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been a breakfast eater....if I eat breakfast, I am starving by 11!
You sound like me Dee with your spicy foods....I will throw peppers in just about anything! Those lemos are gonna keep ya in the bathroom all day....I wonder if that is that where that expression "pissing your life came from?" lol a woman with lemon water and attitude! hehehehe
It came down cats and dogs here last night....that is ok by me, I sleep good during storms.
Sounds like you are doing GREAT on this healthier lifestyle....I think how you grow your own veggies is soooo cool, community cats keep me from doing it anymore, but I always prepared healthier meals when I had fresh veggies right out my back door. And lets not forget the exercise involved keeping the garden growing!
I know you are going to kick ass with this weight loss.....I hope the BP is better.
Happy House Cleaning

Shoogies
Erica

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you brought this up because I was just telling the chub club that last night I was munching on my new Tabasco pickle spears and it was SOOO hot that I was chugging water like crazy, lol.  So I had no problem getting it all in last night - I just wish it hadn't been so late because I was up peeing 3 times during the night!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I've never been a breakfast eater either.  Just give me a cup of coffee.  Have a good night.
Missie

Anonymous said...

hi there! good job on your eating! I love kashi cereal! I just got me a box yesterday and it's half gone..OOPS! LOL I also had hubby get me some lemons for my water!
I have been so tired lately.. I have taken naps at 2 pm for the last two days...I guess that's what being unemployed does to ya! ha! I need to get busy like you. strippin beds.. yep, I need to do that!
Have a great night.
Melissa
http://journals.aol.com/newsworthy822/MelissasMotivation/  

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds yummy but to hot for me lol have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

You've been doing so good with your food! You are right about it being easier to grab a Twinkie than make a good healthy breakfast....I'm so proud of all the effort you are making. Things are changing in a great direction.....good for you!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

That's great! I am so proud of you. You are doing wonderful on your diet :) keep up the good work love Vicky

Anonymous said...

You doing so good. I drink 64 oz of water a day half of it in the morning the other half in the afternoon if i drink it later i'd be up peeing all night. As for breakfast i'm not a big breakfast person either but it does help your diet if you eat breakfast. You can make instant oatmeql in your microwave and it's sweet plus it will keep you full for a long time also a little jelly on a ww english muffin will satisfy that sweet tooth too. Good luck hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Water has always been my drink of choice too....I fill up my glass all throughout the day...I have a nice water cooler that also has a refridge on the bottom to keep things cool in there too...and at night I fill up my glass of water and put it on my night stand so I can take sips in the middle of the night when I wake up thirsty.

http://journals.aol.com/derasta/MyBigFatGreekLife

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment.  Glad that I found your journal.  Sounds like you are doing so good.  IF I eat something HOT, I can drink all my water easily.. LOL  Have a great day.  Dondie

Anonymous said...

I love water with lemon also... But that sure is alot of drinking you did yesterday!! LOL

I love breakfast. It's my favorite meal. Unfortunately, I like all the bad things. Like gravy and biscuits, bacon,eggs, and grits. LOL... Typical Southerner!

Were you able to get into my other journal?

***Monica