Sunday, August 13, 2006

Putting My Feet Up

I hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday. I am finally going to put my feet up and finish the Sunday paper. All morning and most of the afternoon I have been cooking. I don't know where I found the energy because my daughter kept me up most of the night. Every time she watches a scary movie she wakes up saying her stomach hurts. I was sitting with her last night when the movie Halloween was on. I only watched it for a few minutes. I used to love watching scary movies when my niece was going through that phase in her life. I really don't like watching them anymore. I got up around 5:45 to banging and it was my hubby leaving for work and making tons of noise. I thought I would be able to go back to sleep but my daughter was talking away and I just decided to get up and have some coffee. She came downstairs and starting eating strawberry and blueberry muffins I made yesterday.

After I had a cup of coffee I decided to go back to bed with our puppy Bambi. A few minutes later my daughter came in bed with us. She fell fast asleep but I couldn't go back to sleep knowing that I had some chopping, cooking, and baking to do so I got up.

My feet our killing me right now. I put my gym shoes on but that didn't seem to help. I guess being on my feet 2 days in a row doesn't help.

I cut up a whole cabbage which gave me about 15 cups, so I decided to use it all and make more cole slaw. I have been passing it out so I really haven't had to much of it. I also made jalapeno corn muffins which I haven't tried yet. The last thing I made was lemon bars. I tried part of them and they are ok. I got the Sunday paper and Bambi was getting ready to fall asleep on my chest when my daughter said will you make me cheddar and broccoli noodles. I told her that I would but after that I was done for the day. LOL

Well, my daughter just came in my bedroom and said she would give me a pedicure so I think I will take her up on it. I know these momemts won't last forever.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! enjoy your pedicure :) love vicky

Anonymous said...

Wow what a busy day.  You sound like a great cook, you are always cooking up something that sound good.  Hope your toes came out good, its nice to be pampered.
Hugs-Tabatha

Anonymous said...

MMMM Muffins.... lol Scary movies and kids don't mix well I'm afraid!  HOpe you had a nice day yesterday.  HUGS

Anonymous said...

I am not a scarry movie person, but the hubby loves em and our oldest is wanting to watch them now......I don't mind as long as she knows that my bed is off limits, if the movie gets to her. The last kinda scarry movie we watced was final destination 3(?) and we ended up all in one bed......I ended up on the couch within an hour of being kicked and layed upon and having hot breath in my face! lol
Try and get some rest....maybe enjoy the neighbors pool, since you are getting a nice pedicure. hehehe

Hugs
Erica

Anonymous said...

I am not so fond of scary movies...I snuggled with my chihuahua, Piddle, this morning...they are so sweet, don't you think?  Jae

Anonymous said...

There are few joys in my life, but I do love homade muffins and homemade slaw!anything from scratch is good!
Thanx for making me hungry for homemade muffins!

Anonymous said...

enjoy the time with your daughter.  Sounds like you have been busy cooking up a storm..  Take care,Dondie

Anonymous said...

Hope you got your pedicure. Have a great week! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL, my daughter is the same way.  My feet hurt too.  I have plantar faciitis in both feet, as well as heel spurs.  My left one is worse than the right.  It is so bad I can hardly walk on it at times, but the pain meds and physical therapy help.  Hope you feel better soon!~

Blessings!~

Susan

http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/