Saturday, October 21, 2006

Finally Relaxing

I am finally sitting down and relaxing. I did take a few breaks to get on the computer a few times today but all in all I was busy. I did about 5 loads of laundry and made my hubby a nice lunch of pepper steak over rice. I have been going through some of my daughter's toys. We still have about 10 big rubbermaid containers in the garage but I don't think I will go through those until after the holidays. It has been very hard for me with all these toys because that means she is growing up and not into playing barbies and bratz dolls anymore. I did get a picture of her and her friend Abby playing with the polly pockets I was going through. They were like come on don't take our picture and I told them I have proof now that they still like to play with toys. LOL

 I was going to go to a adult Halloween party tonight but I am just to tired and it is about an hour drive to get there. It is at my sister in law's summer trailer homes. It is always a good time. They had the kid party next week. I won't miss that one because I love sitting in the lawn chair and passing out the candy to the kids and see all the great costumes. We carve pumpkins with the kids after that and at night we put candles in them and line them up on the front deck. I will try to get pictures of them. I kind of fixed my digital camera. I just love all the Halloween graphics out there.  My daughter doesn't want to dress up this year. I told her in order to go trick or treating at the trailer next week she has to wear something. She said she might go as a baby. That is fine with me. Nice and easy.  I might wear my pumpkin costume while passing out the candy to the kids. We go through about 25 to 35 bags of candy. It is crazy. My sister in law always wants us to bring a few bags.

I was so surprised when I woke up this morning. My hubby left me a box of chocolates  a candle and a beautiful card. I totally forgot that it was Sweetest Day. I remember when he used to forget and I would always remember. Oh well, maybe next year. lol I did make him that nice lunch though. I want to wish everyone a Happy Sweetest Day. Better late than never. lol

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, i didn't even know there was such thing as a sweetest day, lol. i'm sure the yummy lunch you made your hubby was just fine to him. i love pepper steak. I know how you feel about kids growing up. i am so not looking forward to rebecca becoming independant like her sister did as she was growing up. i miss holding her and rocking her to sleep. now she never sits still, lol. hope you have a wonderful weekend. (((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I, like your last person to comment, Did not know there was such a day. So I know my husband is completely clueless. He is down stairs watching Football on T.V. while am upstairs checking my mail. No romance happening here.

Glad you have a hubby that remebers such things. You are one lucky lady.

Have agreat night.
Toodles,
Tia

Anonymous said...

In that case, Happy Sweetest day. I didn't know and obviously neither did my DFH!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

have a good sunday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Happy Sweetest Day! Never heard of that but, how sweet of hubby! love vicky

Anonymous said...

We don't do Halloween around here anymore , no kids in the last few years come to my house so we quit buying candy!

Anonymous said...

My youngest doesn't want to dress up or go trick-or-treat-ing this year.  He is 12.  he can decide.  How nice of your hubby...have fun next week...Jae

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had no idea it was Sweetest Day yesterday. I just informed my hubby. LOL.

It is sad that our girls are getting too old to trick-or-treat. Hailey still wants to go this year, she's going to be a guy from her favorite band. It was a pretty easy costume, so I was happy!!

Have a great Sunday!
HUGS
Melissa  

Anonymous said...

Well, you know I had to snag your little Pooh!!! LOL! Boy, I know the feeling you are talking about when you know your child has grown up....it's really hard, isn't it? {{{DetjeBea}}} I always tell new Moms to cherish every moment with their little ones while they are small because it goes way too fast. Your hubby is a doll.....mine left me a card, flowers, and 6 Weight Watchers candies which I thought was sweet of him! We are very lucky women aren't we? :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~

Anonymous said...

My kids don't dress up and trick or treat anymore.  I miss that!
Missie