Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It was another early morning for me. I went downstairs and fed the dog and took him out. I made some strawberry and some blueberry muffins this morning. My daughter had her girlfriend spend the night. They are still sleeping. I need to get them up soon because her mom is coming for her at about 9:30. I really wanted to sleep in today because we had a really, really busy day yesterday. It was all fun stuff. It is suppose to be a little cooler today. Yesterday it reached 100 degrees.\

We first went swimming at about 10:30. My face got really burnt. We swam for a few hours and then I got out and made roasted potatoes and mac and cheese for the girls. My hubby came home at 2:30 and we went swimming together. The girls had enough sun. I asked my hubby if he wanted to eat before he went to bed and he said yes. I got out of the pool at about 4 and went in the house and started cooking. I made one rump roast on the grill and one in the oven. They both turned out great. I also made mashed potatoes, corn and mixed vegetables with teriakyi sauce. I made a plate for my neighbor for letting us swim in his pool. The girls wanted to go see the movie Click so after cooking we headed out to the movies. I don't know where I got the energy yesterday. We got home around 10 pm. I did not like the movie. Adam Sandler is ok and some of the parts were funny. I wanted to see Pirates or Cars but they wanted Click.

Time to jump in the shower.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday was a good day for a swim and the movies, It's going to be a scorcher here in pa. again today! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a busy day yesterday.  Hope today you can rest a little..  Have a great day. take care, Dondie

Anonymous said...

We've been in a heat wave here too,  the best place to be is a pool for sure.  Everything you make sounds soooo yummy,  you must be a heck of a good cook...lucky hubby and daughter!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

hope you had a great day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

busy busy day! I would love to be in a pool right now!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Those muffins sounded great and so did the meal.  I am so hungry now!  LOL  Swimming is so much fun...the heat here too, has given us the incentive to use our pool daily...where as before we only did it like every other day in the summer.  Cooling off in the pool and the exercise is great.  Have a great Wednesday...enjoy!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

sounds like a busy day! you must be a great cook, I bet your family loves it! the food all sounds delicious. We went to see Click a while back...I would not have picked it, but I ended up kinda liking it. I used to love Adam Sandler back when he first came out...I saw the movie "Billy Madison" like 9,000 times...but it seems like he is not as funny as he used to be. Have you ever seen "Punch Drunk Love?" It's the first time I've ever seen Adam Sandler in a serious role. It is a very good movie, I thought. I have it on DVD. Do ya wanna borrow it? LOL

Hope it cools off. Have a relaxing day!
HUGS
Melissa